Olives are one of those foods which are simply irresistible but the best thing is that they’re amazingly healthy as well. If you don’t eat them you need to start doing it right away and we’ll show you why.
We’ve made a list of what olives can do for your health and now you have a few more reasons why you need to consume them every day.
- They regulate high cholesterol levels
- They lower high blood pressure
- They are a rich source of fibers and an amazing alternative for fruits and veggies
- They abound in vitamin E
- They have antioxidant properties
- They lower the risk for certain diseases such as Alzheimer’s, benign and malign tumors, and varicose veins
- They prevent blood clotting which can lead to serious medical conditions
- They protect the cells’ membranes from diseases like cancer
- They are excellent against anemia
- They increase fertility and improve the overall reproductive system
- They play an important role in the strengthening of the immune system
- They are an excellent aphrodisiac
- They’re rich in minerals like sodium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and iodine
- They provide your body with all the much needed vitamins and amino acids
- They contain oleic acid which is excellent for your heart’s health
- They contain polyphenols, a naturally occurring chemical compound which reduces brain stress and if consumed regularly can increase your memory up to 25%
- One small cup of olives contain 4.4mg iron
- Eating 10 olives before lunch can lower your appetite by 20% because of the fatty acids they contain which slow down digestion and send signals of satiety to your brain
- On top of all of this they also help your body produce adiponectin, a chemical compound which reduces fats up to 5 hours after consummation.
- An added plus – They’re delicious
Please follow and like us: