Dairy products are many and varied and after milk, cheese should be one of the most common we can find in any refrigerator. There are different types and France and Italy are the countries with the largest production of cheeses and at the same time with greater variety.
It is an extremely nutritious food that almost everyone likes and that the Greeks called it “the gift of the gods”. Cheeses can be made from cow’s milk, goat’s milk, sheep’s milk, buffalo’s milk and even camel’s milk. That is, cheese from any mammalian ruminant can be made.
How would you like to make your own homemade cheese? Your family will love it!
If you usually consume fresh cheese in your home, nothing better than elaborate it with your own ingredients and in the comfort of your home. This will allow you to enjoy it fresh and without having to invest much money in the elaboration, that on the other hand, will not take you more than a few minutes.
It may sound complicated to prepare homemade fresh cheese but you will see that it is not difficult at all and that you can prepare it for yourself to enjoy it whenever you want. Even using the base recipe then you can add all kinds of spices to make flavored cheeses according to your tastes and those of your family.
The cheese is made by curdling the milk and adding acids such as lemon or vinegar or bacteria that will make the milk sugars become lactic acid. This curd is an enzyme that is found particularly in the stomach of cattle, but also today is produced artificially.
To make your own homemade cheese you will need:
– 1 liter of pasteurized milk (sachet, bag or bottle)
– Juice of a freshly squeezed lemon
– 100 ml natural yogurt
– Condiments to taste (salt, pepper, ground pepper, etc.)
– 2 tablespoons of cream of cream (cream)
– Firstly, it is important to keep in mind that milk should not be boxed and should not be long lasting (long life) because this can avoid the curdling process.
– Place the milk over a low heat in a steel pot. When the boil begins, remove from the heat and leave the container covered for 20 minutes.
– Add the lemon juice, yogurt and cream and mix gently to avoid generating air for 10 minutes.
– Return the preparation to the fire until the milk is “cut”, that is, to form clumps of curds separated from the liquid whey.
– This is the time to add salt, pepper and condiments that you have chosen.
– Remove the serum as much as possible and pour the mixture into a cheese colander or gauze to drain the serum.
– When the whey finishes draining you will get a creamy paste, something compact that you must knead a bit to give it the shape of the cheese you want.
– You can spread the spices on the work table and roll your cheese mass on top to form a flavored outer cover.
– Store in a plastic container with hermetically sealed your cheese and refrigerate.
You’ve got your cheese ready!
Let it sit, let it cool, let the flavors come in, and enjoy it!
Please follow and like us: