Epsom salt is not actually a salt, but crystals of hydrated magnesium sulfate. This naturally occurring pure mineral compound offers numerous health benefits.
Both, magnesium and sulfate easily get absorbed through the skin and that makes the Epsom salt baths incredibly powerful way of maximizing its health benefits.
Epsom salt has magnesium content which makes it efficient in reducing inflammation, helps muscle and nerve function but in same time prevents artery hardening. In addition to that, sulfates significantly improve the absorption of nutrients, eliminate toxins and effectively ease migraine headaches.
Health Benefits of Epsom Salt Baths
You can get all of the remarkable benefits that Epsom salt offers, simply by soaking in tub full of hot water with a few cups of Epsom Salt.
Experts explain that some of the most powerful benefits of Epsom salt are:
- Elimination of accumulated toxins in the organism
- Easing stress and relaxes the body
- Relieving constipation
- Relieving pain and muscle cramps
- Makes insulin much more effective
- Helps the muscles and nerves to function properly
- Prevention of hardening of arteries and blood clots
How to Take an Epsom Salt Bath?
In order to get all benefits you should soak your body in Epsom Salt bath for about 40 minutes: your body needs 20 minutes to eliminate the toxins and additional 20 minutes to absorb magnesium and sulfate.
When it comes to Epsom Salt Bath, it is crucial to add the proper amounts of Epsom salt:
- ½ cup of salt for children under 60 lbs.
- 1 cup of salt for people between 60-100 lbs.
- 1 ½ cup of salt for people between 100-150 lbs.
- 2 cups of salt for people between 150-200 lbs.
- ½ cup of salt more for every 50lbs larger.
By your choice, you can add other ingredients to your bath and thus to improve its smell and properties. Namely, you can add ½ cup of olive oil and thus you will improve the antioxidant properties of the bath. Another option is to add ginger or cayenne powder and on that way improve the detoxification process.
Note: while soaking your body in the Epsom salt bath you should not utilize any type of soap.
Please follow and like us: